What is Engine?
Engine is a platform for creating digital experiences for physical environments. It connects devices, hardware systems and third-party software to provide an API for the built environment.
Engine was the pre-cursor to PlaceOS. These guides are provided as a reference for existing deployments. For up-to-date information on the current platform, head on over to placeos.com.
- Software only built on the modern web.
- Open source continuously improved and backed by a full-time team of developers.
- Extensible able to run stand-alone, or integrated into staff, building or third party apps.
- Vendor agnostic designed to bridge multiple disparate systems.
- Scale-able from rooms, to buildings, to precincts.
- Distributed multi-node replication for live backup and fail-over.
- Secure audit-able interaction with the physical environment and encrypted device communication.
The platform handles the low level device communication, system management and connectivity with user interfaces so that you can focus on how these combine to create intuitive, modern, connected environments.
Designed to run within your on-prem environment or private cloud the entire stack is open to ensure the privacy of your organisation and users is respected.
Deployments running today integrate tens of thousands of devices and services into unique experiences designed to improve health and happiness for staff and tenants.
Place Technology is a team of developers, designers and technologists based across Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai and London. We believe in modern tech and despise black boxes.