Comment on page
Tests describe the behaviour of a driver and can be used to help with development. They are also useful in describing the intended usage of a driver.
For example usage, see:
- 1.Step through code one line at a time
- 2.Pause the driver at some event or specified instruction, to examine the current state.
- 3.Interact with the state by executing code dynamically at the breakpoint
There is a rake task where you can specify the file containing the driver spec. Drivers themselves are resolved and loaded internally, as they would be in a running system.
- Your system is scanned and spec files are listed on the right
- Selecting a spec will attempt to load the driver file
- You will see any load errors that occur (such as syntax errors)
- Discovery information is listed in a table
- The test is executed in an interactive console, allowing for interactive debugging
- Click the refresh icon to re-run the test at any point